Virtual Private Network (VPN) Study
- Do you use a Virtual Private Network regularly?
- Are you currently enrolled as an undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate student at a university in the United States?
- Are you over 18 years of age?
If so, we would greatly appreciate your help! With your feedback, we can work towards improving security and privacy of circumvention tools.
What is the study about?
We hope to better understand the reasons college students’ use VPNs, people’s perceptions of these tools and how to design improved privacy enhancing tools.
What do I have to do to participate?
- We will ask you to take a short (10-15 minute) online survey.
- We will also ask you to take part in a 45-60 minutes long interview
I’d like to participate. How can I sign up?
To participate in the session, fill out our contact form and we will be in contact to arrange a time to speak with you.
What do I get out of it?
- You will be compensated with a $20 Amazon gift card for your time.
- Your feedback will help us to improve our knowledge about circumvention tools and improve the design of privacy enhancing tools
Marshini Chetty, Princeton University
Nick Feamster, Princeton University
Brandon Stewart, Princeton University
Margaret E. Roberts, University of California, San Diego
Agnieszka Dutkowska-Zuk, Independent research assistant