- Do you have a personal smartphone?
- Do you use one of these applications from your mobile device?:
- Free Basics
- Are you over 18?
- Do you live and work in South Africa?
If so, we would greatly appreciate your help! With your feedback, we can work towards improving controls and settings for users of mobile social media apps like yourself.
Social media applications include:
- Facebook, WhatsApp, Messenger, Instagram, Free Basics
- Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, and many more
What is the study about?
We are seeking information about how you use your mobile social media apps. Our goal is to improve the design of these apps.
What do I have to do to participate?
- You must complete the form below, followed by a brief survey and an interview. You may participate in the interview in-person at Research ICT Africa or over Skype. This interview should take between 30 minutes to 1 hour.
I’d like to participate. How can I sign up?
- To participate in the interview, fill out our contact form and we will be in touch to arrange a time to speak with you.
- We will let you know if you are selected for the process within 3-4 business days, and follow up with a brief survey. Thank you for your time.
What do I get out of it?
- After you complete the interview, you will receive a R250 gift card to Takealot.com
- Your feedback will help us improve the design of social media apps for users like yourself!
Jake Reichel, B.A. Computer Science, Princeton University
Marshini Chetty, Princeton University
Minah Radebe, Independent Researcher