- Are you a parent with children between the ages of 7-11?
- Does your child use mobile devices to get online?
- Are you over 18 years of age?
If so, we would greatly appreciate your help! With your feedback, we can work towards improving security and privacy for children as they navigate the Internet.
What is the study about?
We want to learn about how children ages 7-11 grasp concepts relating to online privacy and security and how they interact with a mobile game that specifically teaches these concepts. We hope to better understand how to improve our game design and how to maximize the benefits of education regarding online privacy and security and entertainment within a mobile educational game.
What do I have to do to participate?
- We will ask you to take a short (5-10 minute) online survey.
- We will also ask you and your child to take part in a 45-60 minutes long face to face session
- In this session, we will ask your child to play an educational mobile game
- We will also ask you and your child questions about the game
I’d like to participate. How can I sign up?
- To participate in the session, fill out our contact form and we will be in contact to arrange a time to speak with you.
What do I get out of it?
- You will be compensated with a $75 Amazon gift card for your time.
- Your feedback will help us design better resources to educate children about online privacy and security.
Jonathan Yang, Princeton University
Marshini Chetty, Princeton University
Tamara Clegg, University of Maryland, College Park
Priya Kumar, University of Maryland, College Park
Jessica Vitak, University of Maryland, College Park