- Do you have a personal computer or laptop?
- Do you use Google Chrome or Firefox as your Internet browser?
- Do you regularly watch videos on YouTube?
- Are you over the age of 18?
If so, we would greatly appreciate your help with a research study with Princeton University and the University of Chicago!
What is the study about?
We are seeking information pertaining to the prevalence of and perceptions towards YouTube videos containing sponsorship. Our goal is to improve the design of the tools that alerts users of sponsored video content on YouTube and other online platforms by learning more about how people interact with AdIntuition.
What do I have to do to participate?
- You must first complete the contact form.
- We will ask you to take part in two interviews either in-person at Princeton University or over Skype. The interviews will last around 45-60 minutes each.
- We will ask you to install and use our AdIntuition browser extension on your personal device over a period of at least 10 days.
- We will ask you to fill out short, daily diary entries (3 questions per entry) for 10 days about videos you watch containing sponsorships (if any).
I’d like to participate. How can I sign up?
- To participate in this study, fill out our contact form here and we will be in touch to arrange a time to speak with you.
- We will let you know if you are selected for the process within 3-4 business days. Thank you for your time.
What do I get out of it?
- You will be compensated with $25 for your time, plus $2 per daily diary log completed (maximum $20 for 10 days).
- With your help, we will use the information to improve on the design and accuracy of the AdIntuition extension for users like yourself!
Marshini Chetty, University of Chicago
Michael Swart, Princeton University
Arunesh Mathur, Princeton University
Ylana Lopez, Princeton University