Congratulations to Reid Oda who presented his final public oral (FPO) yesterday on tools and techniques for rhythmic synchronization in networked music performance. Reid presented two tools: Global metronome for an absolute tempo synchronization for global music performance over the Internet (specifically for sequenced music) and MalLo, a new music instrument that predicts notes before they occur to allow for synchronized music performance. His work addresses the issue of Internet latency which causes tempo drag when musicians are trying to play music together online for live performance or “jam sessions”. He gave a great presentation and passed with flying colors!
- May 30, 2019 Lab Directorship Shifting In Summer 2019
- May 16, 2019 SOUPS 2019 Paper Accepted!
- May 16, 2019 Junior Independent Work Presentations 2019
- May 16, 2019 Congratulations To The Graduating Seniors In Our Lab!
- April 19, 2019 Exploring Digital Privacy and Security in Elementary Schools @ CHI 2019